Sunday, January 02, 2005

Reveling in my "Texas-ness"

Think I was a little crazy on New Year's champagne when I hinted on my "Praise be to Texas Tech" blog posting that there was a bit of bias in the elite sports media toward teams in the fly-over states?

And that the bias showed itself when more writers on the West and East coasts complained (and continue to complain) about media darling California (runners-up in a weak Pac-10 conference) getting bumped from a BCS bowl game by Texas -- rather than, say, third-ranked Auburn (undefeated champs of the brutal Southeastern Conference) getting left out of the title game?

Check out this Los Angeles Times column, written by a fella who regularly appears on ESPN's "Around the Horn" show, and other game stories in that paper and see if you still think I'm a weird-o. Methinks no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home