Wednesday, January 26, 2005

In search of the bright side

Morale has been off-kilter at my employer these last few months. Anyone with the slightest bit of Internet know-how can find story after story about all that. (Read, oh, say, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Dallas Observer and Texas Monthly).

Good news is, for all of you who care about us Beloites, none of us has been fed to lions -- like this poor schlep:
According to the prosecutors, Scott-Crossley ordered his workers to attack Chisale, who was then beaten with a machete, tied to a tree, kicked and threatened with a rifle before being dumped into the back of a pickup truck. The workers were said to have driven to the 20-hectare enclosure of the Mokwalo White Lion Project, a breeding ground for the rare lions near Hoedspruit, and tossed Chisale over the fence.
-- from today's Times

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

To anyone who reads this blog and thinks it belongs to the real Reese Dunklin, I can assure you that this is not the case. Yes, I once had this URL, but I deleted the blog I ran because it was simply too much to mess with.

After ignoring it for months, I realized someone else had hijacked it and now, I can see, retitled it by my name and writing postings about me giving writing advice using my employer's name. I'd never do such a thing, for those who really know me and knew the blog items I posted.

You'd hope people would have other things to do, but alas, someone chooses to glom onto my name.

I just wanted to clarify for any unsuspecting person that this site is not authored by me, so please don't be duped into a case of mistaken identity.

The real Reese Dunklin

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home