Tuesday, January 04, 2005

USC: Yer good

I thought that perhaps the third-ranked college football team Auburn was shafted out of an appearance in the championship game Tuesday night by the cruddy BCS system. The team Auburn should replace, I thought, might have been Southern Cal, ranked No.1 but winners of a weak Pac-10 Conference.

I'm a sports schmuck, it turns out.

The Pac-10 is still weak, but USC is in a class of its own. It took No. 2 Oklahoma behind the wood shed and just torn it to pieces. The Sooners looked bewildered on the field, which is the kind of performance I feared out of my precious Texas Longhorns in the Rose Bowl -- but never, EVER would I have dreamed OU would shit the bed like this. Not with Bob Stoops, aka Boy Wonder, as coach.

USC is so good it is insane. And the scary thing is, 16 of its 22 starters (including the Heisman Trophy winning QB Matt Leinart, who I officially have a man crush on) come back for next year. I'm thinking this team could win the national title again next year for the three-peat.

So where I can buy some USC shirts and dreamy Matt Leinart posters for my study?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home